My final post on case formulation illustrates the slightly simplified case study that I presented here.
I will be simplifying his presentation again today, to make sure this post isn’t too enormous!
Firstly, we identify the relatively stable phenomena:
- Pain-related anxiety and avoidance
- Work disability
- Pain behaviours
Selected biophysical contributing factors:
- Initial scaphoid fracture
- Complex regional pain syndrome type i
- Reduced range of movement and strength
- Central sensitisation (more…)